Mapping is the process of auto-populating patient information and measurements from an imaging modality to the UltraLinq platform.
For more information regarding the auto-population of patient information: Auto-Populating Measurements
Mapping is completed independently for every device type that uploads to UltraLinq. So if any client has previously uploaded exams from the device type used at your practice, your measurements may already be auto-populating onto your worksheets.
If you do not see measurements auto-populating, you may request mapping for your device by following the simple steps outlined below:
1. Firstly, it is important to note how many different device types are uploading exams to your UltraLinq account. Some common device types are listed below for reference:
GE Vivid iq
GE Logiq e
Philips Affiniti 70G
For different device types, separate mapping needs to be completed.
**Devices may be the same type but still require separate mapping if they are running on two different device software versions.**
2. For each device type, a sample exam is needed for each exam type (i.e echocardiogram, carotid, etc.) that is done on this device.
For each sample that is sent over please ensure that a value is entered on the device for every measurement that may be utilized for this exam type. This includes measurements that are not expected to be needed for every exam of that exam type.
Sample exams do not have to be exams completed on a real patient and no images are required for the mapping process to be completed.
3. Once these sample exams have been uploaded please contact support and provide the patient name of the sample exam(s) and note that you would like additional mapping to be completed.
4. If you have exams already uploaded to UltraLinq where measurements are missing or populating incorrectly, you may submit those exams for mapping as well.
We will complete the requested mapping for you via these exams, but please note that this method is not always efficient as rarely a single exam contains all the measurements needed for a specific exam type leaving some measurements unmapped.
For this reason, a sample exam where a comprehensive list of measurements is taken for each exam type is more effective.
To protect patient information, if you are submitting a real patient exam for mapping please do not share the patient name but rather the MRN and study date of the exam(s).
5. If the mapping you requested has been completed, but you are still not seeing some measurements auto-populate, it may be because the measurements are not being sent by the imaging device.
Measurements are transferred from the Imaging device via a file called the Structured Report (SR) file. Generally, only measurements included in this file can be mapped.
Not all measurements taken on the device are automatically included in this file. Which measurements are chosen to be a part of the file is completely dictated by the device vendor (i.e. GE, Philips, Siemens,etc.).
Some vendors do send over a larger set of measurements via custom measurement files. Mapping sometimes can be completed from these files, but is not guaranteed. For more information regarding custom measurement files please contact support.