These steps will guide you through the process of clearing UpLinq’s history to allow you to reupload exams. If you would like Technical Services to assist you with this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Locate/Navigate to DICOM and Encoded Directories
1. In UpLinq select File -> Preferences
2. Make a note of the DICOM Directory and Encoded Directory. The below screenshot shows folders c:\studies and c:\encoded, this is our most common setup, your directories may be different however.
3. Close UpLinq.
4. Navigate to the directories in Windows and delete the contents of both folders. (DO NOT delete the studies and encoded folders themselves)
In the example below the DICOM directory is c:\studies (Remember that yours may be different based on the locations you noted in Step 2).
- Select all the files in the folder (Shortcut Key = Ctrl+A)
- Right-click and select Delete
5. Do the same for your encoded directory.
6. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\UltraLinq\UpLinq 2.7.'X'
- If you cannot see the Program data folder, please follow these instructions to un-hide it: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
- 'X' represents the most recent version of UpLinq that you have installed. From my screenshot below it would be 2.7.8, yours may be 2.7.3.
7. Delete the history file:
The history file is “UpLinq.mdb”. The “MDB” extension may not be visible, depending on your settings. The type should be listed as “Microsoft Access Database” or “Master Database”.
Delete this file: (Shown below are two different ways the file may appear on your computer)
8. Open UpLinq and resend your exam