** If you have a previous version of UpLinq installed please see the following article Removing UpLinq. The previous version must be removed before installing UpLinq 2.7.9 **
** If this is a new installation, or you have already removed UpLinq as per above article, please proceed. **
Install UpLinq 2.7.9
1. Download UpLinq 2.7.9 by clicking on the link below:
2. Unzip the contents and open the folder
3. Install the redistributable vc_redistx64 (This is included in the zip file)
4. Launch the installer
5. Select "Next" from the installer screen
6. Read and accept the terms of service and then select “Next"
7. The next screen will contain the components for the software that will be installed, please do not adjust these setting as they are all necessary for proper installation. Just select “Next”
8. Select install:
9. Once complete, a shortcut to the application will automatically be installed on your desktop. Click on the shortcut to launch the application
10. The first page will request information for your proxy server, if you do not have a proxy server you can select “next”
11. Enter your company’s Customer ID which is displayed below your company’s name on the admin screen of your UltraLinq account (only account admins have access to this ID):
12. Select the types of data you will be uploading. Most modern medical devices transfer data in DICOM format, please refer to your device for information on the transfer format:
13. Set Watch Directory options for each type of device you selected in step 3. By watching a directory, UpLinq monitors the file system for changes and adds new files to the UpLinq worklist.
The standard watch directory for exams is the C:\ProgramData\UltraLinq\UpLinq 2.7.9\studies folder. Select the three dots to choose your exam watch directory:
14. Once selected, click "Next"
15. Select a folder to hold the files encoded by UpLinq (the C:/ProgramData/UltraLinq/UpLinq2.7.9/encoded folder is automatically selected): so simply press "Next"
16. On the “Exam Retention” section, select "Next" to continue:
NOTE: We do not suggest selecting the “Delete exams on upload” option. Any additional exam data received after a complete upload will generate errors when grouping files for the same exam.
17. Select “Finish” on the Summary page:
The UpLinq application will launch immediately when setup is complete and will be ready to begin uploading data to your account: