These steps will guide you through the process of clearing UpLinq’s history to allow you to reupload exams. If you would like Technical Services to assist you with this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Locate/Navigate to DICOM and Encoded Directories
1. In UpLinq select File -> Preferences
NOTE The screenshot below shows the most common setup for the DICOM and Encoded directories, however, your directories may be different.
- DICOM Directory: C:\ProgramData\UltraLinq\UpLinq 2.8.3\studies
- Encoded Directory: C:\ProgramData\UltraLinq\UpLinq 2.8.3\encoded
2. Close UpLinq
3. Navigate to the directories in Windows and delete the contents of both folders. (DO NOT delete the studies and encoded folders themselves)
In the example below the DICOM directory is C:/ProgramData/UltraLinq/UpLinq 2.8.3/studies (Remember that yours may be different based on the locations you noted in Step 2).
NOTE If you cannot see the Program Data folder, please follow these instructions: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
- Select all the files in the folder (Shortcut Key = Ctrl+A)
- Right-click and select Delete
4. Do the same for your encoded directory.
5. Delete the history file (The history file is “UpLinq.db”. Depending on your settings, the “DB” extension may not be visible. The type should be listed as “Data Base File”)
6. Open UpLinq and resend your exam from your device