When you run UpLinq for the first time, set your preferences by following these steps.
- Run UpLinq from your desktop shortcut. Follow the prompts in the Setup Wizard.
- If you are using a proxy server, enter your proxy information when prompted. For help setting up a proxy server, contact Client Services.
- Enter your Customer ID.
Your organization's account administrator can find your Customer ID by signing into UltraLinq on a web browser and clicking Admin in the upper right of the screen. Your Customer ID is directly underneath your company's name.
- Select the types of devices you plan to use with UpLinq:
- Biosound: XML and multimedia files exported from Esaote devices
- Cypress: RTF files created using multimedia exports in CypressViewer
- DICOM: DICOM files sent by any device
- SonoSite: files converted by SiteLink versions 3 or 4
- Single File: not used (Do not select.)
- Set Watch Directory options for each type of device you selected in step 4. By watching a directory, UpLinq monitors the file system for changes and adds new files to the UpLinq worklist.
- Select a folder to hold the files encoded by UpLinq.
- Set the retention settings for UpLinq. This allows UpLinq to automatically delete locally-stored files after the specified number of days. Do not use the Delete exam on upload? option.
- Review your settings. Make any changes by clicking Back in the Setup Wizard. When your settings are correct, click Finish.