Users with permission to access exams can navigate to the Exam page by clicking on the patient's name on an individual entry in the Exam List. The Exam page allows you to:
- View an exam's images and clips.
- Add and edit patient demographics.
- Mark exams as stat.
- Refer exams to other UltraLinq users.
- Export exams.
Read exams in UltraLinq with the Flash viewer or HTML5 viewer. Switch between the Flash and HTML5 viewers by selecting an option from the Viewer Type drop-down list on the Edit Preferences page.
The Exam page opens to the Clips & Stills tab by default. Select a default view for the Clips & Stills tab on the Edit Preferences page. The screenshot below shows the Clips & Stills tab in Thumbnail view.
Patient demographics, exam information, and additional options may be hidden according to your preferences. Click to show these fields.
When the above fields are shown, the following options are available from any tab on the Exam page:
- by the patient's name allows you to edit patient demographics.
- adds file attachments to this exam.
- adds file attachments to all exams for this patient.
- allows you to view other exams for this patient.
- sends the exam to other UltraLinq users.
- exports this exam as an ISO or ZIP file.
Click at any time to only view exam items.
Clips & Stills Tab
Note: Screenshots of icons in this section are from the HTML5 viewer. Appearances in the Flash viewer may vary.
The Clips & Stills tab is the default tab on the Exam page. This tab shows the images and clips associated with an exam.
Switch between views by clicking the icons in the View menu.
The following view options are available from the View menu:
- switches to Thumbnail view. This shows all images and clips as thumbnails.
- switches to Single view. This shows one image or clip at a time.
- switches to Dual view. This shows two sequential items at the same time.
- switches to Quad view. This shows four sequential items at the same time.
- enables Split-screen view. This shows the exam items in the Clips & Stills tab and the worksheet at the same time. The Split-screen view icon is only visible if your browser window is large enough to support Split-screen view.
Additional options are available in Single, Dual, and Quad views:
- downloads the current image or clip to the local computer.
- navigates to the previous frame in the current clip.
- navigates to the next frame in the current clip.
- navigates to the previous image or clip.
- navigates to the next image or clip.
Thumbnail view shows all images and clips from an exam as thumbnails.
Single view shows one image or clip at a time. Access Single view by clicking or double clicking a thumbnail in Thumbnail view.
In the HTML5 viewer, click to show the Image Tools panel.
In the Flash viewer, click to show the Measurements toolbar.
Dual view shows two sequential items at a time.
Quad view shows four sequential items at a time.
In the Flash viewer, click to access Dynamic view. Dynamic view shows one to four selected items that you can arrange on your screen. Dynamic view can also show series data. Currently, this view is only available in the Flash viewer.
To see items in Dynamic view, double click or drag and drop thumbnails from the left panel to the main panel. If multiple, related series studies are selected, UltraLinq displays scout lines to help you navigate the multidimensional data.
Click to open Dynamic view controls. Dynamic view controls allow you to save the current arrangement of images as a set.
In the Flash viewer, click to access Worksheet view. Worksheet view shows a worksheet panel on the right side of the Exam page. The Worksheet view must be configured by an account administrator. Currently, Worksheet view is only available in the Flash viewer.
Drawing Annotation View
In the Flash viewer, click to access Drawing Annotation view. Drawing Annotation view shows drawing and annotation tools and templates. Currently, Drawing Annotation view is only available in the Flash viewer.
The Drawing Annotation toolbar is on the right side of the main panel.
NOTICE: Any changes in the worksheet must be saved to appear in the exam report. However, not all worksheet fields appear in the report.
The Worksheet tab shows the exam's full worksheet. Worksheets are customized to the exam type.
The Attachments tab shows all attachments associated with an exam. You can download or delete attachments from the Attachments tab. You can also see previews of PDF, JPG, and PNG attachments.
The Report tab shows the exam report.
The Admin tab is only visible to account administrators. From the Admin tab, you can assign users to the current exam, mark reports as amendable, view exam transfers, and view the audit trail.